FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vancouver -> Taiwan -> China -> Vancouver
Old Apr 16, 2018, 1:15 pm
cxfan1960

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by jiejie
Actually, I got the impression from his post that he is worried about this. As in, he made plans to fly direct back to YVR but is now having second thoughts that this might not be the best plan. Maybe I misunderstood/misread though.
I know I can do that as a HRP holder. I don't know whether a Taiwanese Mainland Travel Permit holder can do that: laws
(Adopted at the 19th Meeting of the Standing Committee of the Eighth National People's Congress on May 15, 1996)
4. Any Chinese national who resides in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and has the right of abode in a foreign country may use the relevant document issued by the foreign government for the purpose of traveling to other countries or regions, but he or she shall not be entitled to the consular protection of the foreign country in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region or in any other part of the People's Republic of China on account of their holding the above-mentioned foreign documents.
There should be a similar one for Macau, but uncertain about Taiwan. I suggest OP return via TPE if not too inconvenient.