FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570
View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2018, 11:11 am
notsosmart
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
I was trying to route AKL-PPT-IPC-BOG-LIM-MAD-FRA-HND, which would have more LA segments (=free upgrades), but it doesn’t work, probably due to MPM.

Routing AKL-PPT-IPC-LIM-BOG-MAD-FRA-HND does work, however. But then BOG-MAD is on IB metal (=no upgrade). I just flew that in Y and I couldn’t sleep for one minute (exit row window seat with the door sticking out and also there was a lot of light from the galley and lavatory). Through this fare I have found out that coach is perfectly fine for day flights if you have enough legroom (I’m not even tall), but for redeyes I’d really prefer C...
Wouldn't we all prefer C?

My itins are as vanilla as I can make them, though I am TRYING to force KE instead of AY, to see if I can get 100% miles on AS Mileage Plan. If not, c'est la vie, I'm treating this as a vacation trip not a mileage run anyway.