FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]
Old Apr 15, 2018, 11:30 pm
ERQTraveler

Programs: World of Hyatt, Chase Ultimate Rewards
Originally Posted by musicmcb
Curious what advice you all might have about this plan...I have enough SPG points to convert and get two nights in a Terrace Suite or 2 BDR. However, when I started accumulating these points I really thought I was going to be able to use these points for a fountain view room. But, after much research and reading on here, that doesn't seem to be the case. So, I thought maybe I'd book two night with points and pay cash for a 3rd night in a fountain view (separate reservation). Then, at check in, ask about being able to stay in the same fountain view room the whole time. Maybe with a $20 or $50 sandwich. At the worst, I'll still get to stay in the fountain view room one night and at best we get it all three days. I'm also hoping the extra $$$ and asking nicely could get us in the Blvd Tower floors 20-30. I know it's asking a lot, but hoping it might pay off. We are going M-Th in August. Thoughts? Suggestions?
I'd do a terrace studio. Was there a specific reason you wanted a terrace suite? I certainly wouldn't do the 2 bedroom city suite because the balconies are what make The Cosmopolitan special.

You might book the room on points and then call the hotel directly and ask about confirmed pain upgrades to fountain view.

ERQ