FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No more "Extra baggage allowance on SkyTeam flights" for Gold?
Old Apr 15, 2018, 4:15 pm
Escape

Only first piece of check-in baggage free

[QUOTE=ticino;29615000]While checking "My miles overview" in the Flying Blue section on the KLM app I saw that "Extra baggage allowance on SkyTeam flights" is missing from the list of "My Gold benefits" but appears on the "Benefits for Platinum members" list. Benefits are listed after Miles overview, Flying Blue level progress, Spend Miles and Your transaction history.

On the Flying Blue website it still says "Extra baggage allowance on SkyTeam flights" under Gold benefits.

Is it a known upcoming worsening of Gold benefits? A mistake (wishful thinking) on the KLM app? It's also gone from the Air France app. I have an upcoming intra-European flight and all segments still say "+1 baggage item (Flying Blue Gold Advantage)" but I guess it can only mean that it will not be enforced retroactively. On my last flight a couple of days ago I was surprised I couldn't see the usual ""+1 baggage item (Flying Blue Gold Advantage)" when checking in. This wasn't the original ticket bought some weeks ago, we changed the return a few days ago from AF to KLM because of the AF strikes.

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I could find it.[/QU

It seems that you're right, I received my new Gold card this week and the letter that accompanies the card states that the first piece of check-in baggage will be free, this means that Gold members won't get additional free check-in baggage in the future