FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beer Festival Tasting Strategies
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2018, 8:36 am
BamaVol
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
It’s the day after and I’m feeling pretty good all things considered. Dump buckets were sufficiently distributed that I was able to unload anything I didn’t want to swallow. I focused on hazy IPA’s, sours and darker beers. I couldn’t really recall much however and the website is already closed down. My favorite drink of the afternoon was a hard ginger beer. Very refreshing and the last thing I drank.

I had a huge plate of pineapple rice with pork at a Thai restaurant about an hour before the doors opened. And a big plate of rigatoni with sausage afterwards. Along with a pint of New England style IPA.

Organization of this event was somewhat disappointing. I was hoping for a paper list of breweries and beers for an opportunity to take notes. I was hoping for a little free swag. My only souvenir is the 3 ounce glass I was given at the door. And a large dark concrete hall in the events center was an inferior venue to the minor league ball park where it was held 3 years ago. Crowded, but not too, it did suffer from “tap leeches” hovering by certain tables. A return visit? Probably. It’s a pleasant occasion to share with a son that I only get to see once every year or two.

Bonus: Hyatt Place is attached to the skywalk system that allowed us to transit 7 blocks between room and event without going outside.

Last edited by BamaVol; Apr 15, 2018 at 8:43 am