FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Domestic Same Day Confirmed Flight Change / SDFC / SDC / CFC / "Standby"
Old Apr 14, 2018, 10:16 am
beachfan

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
I think the consensus is no, despite what the website says. If you find a good agent the day of at the airport, they can list you as a standby with a revenue fare which might put you high on the list.
Is this inability to SDFC an award based on system limitations? It seems to be allowed by policy (or at least what we see under T&C). I have a MCO-MIA-MAD-MUC award, with the TATL in IBJ but the domestic segment is in Y. Problem is it's an 11 hour connection (all that AA would make available), and was hoping something later opens up. But in watching the pattern now, it seems on all the later MCO-MIA flights, they aren't making saver award available but they are making E available.

Agent says they can't request any space to be opened. I would just buy a better connection, but then I have to pick up and recheck bags.