FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28J,102E+,234E-)
Old Apr 14, 2018, 7:10 am
StuckinITH

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by zeer0
Debating whether to pony up $199 to upgrade an upcoming SFO-ORD red-eye on this bird. Would you guys say it's worth it for a 4 hour flight? I've never flown in the pm-ua j seats, and I know they have a "dorm bed" reputation.

IfI do end up upgrading, the side seats available are 2a/3ab/4b and 1lk/3lk. Which would you guys recommend? I usually prefer a window seat, but I don't want to be stuck looking at my neighbor the whole flight, which I think many of these seats are. I'm leaning 4b because it seems more private, but correct me if I'm wrong.
FWIW I don't like seats near toilets. I don't understand your sentence about being stuck staring at your neighbor the whole flight if you are sitting in a window seat. Usually, when I sit I look straight ahead or turn a little towards the window. Maybe I don't understand the sitting pattern in this configuration. Something I need to check I guess.

But for a red-eye flight, I would pay $199. I find night flights very tiring if I have to be in the seated position.

I read in one thread a long time ago that a good price for the TOD is less than $60/hour of flight.