FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - APD *A Award Tickets --- U.S. <> Europe --- excellent availability in April
Old Apr 13, 2018, 9:47 pm
MightyTravels
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by adventure_seeker
G'day. I have never posted before, but wanted to share a really good *A award ticket experience with APD this week. I'm finding myself in need of one-ways between the U.S. and Europe (and vice versa) in March/April and thought I'd give the *A partner awards a go - despite hearing often there is little to no availability in Business/First. Checking a few days either side of my preferred travel date, there were available Economy seats on virtually every routing we tried (Lufthansa, Swiss, United), Business on several - but not all - and no First; which did not surprise me. I was hoping to score a Business award on the SG A380 5th route JFK > FRA [> SIN], but alas that did not substantiate. I decided I'll try out the new Swiss Business Class; I've heard good things about their single privacy seats behind the First cabin (the "thrones" I think they're called). Given I was able to book my preferred date/time and the actual ticket cost on that routing was ~ USD$6,000, I consider the 1,790 APD + $30.00 taxes extremely good value.

Keen to hear everyone's experience with similar bookings or attempts - did I just get lucky?
That's a great deal! How come the Swiss YQ was not charged?