FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:29 pm
TommyboyCAN

Programs: MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Just wanted to give a quick comparison. Shot down to Cancun for a long weekend, did 1 night at the Zilara and 2 nights at the Ziva.

At the Zilara did Chefs table that one night and had a great time. The first day the beach was great, second day the wind shifted and lots of seaweed washed up. Pool area was great, food on the whole was fine, drinks were fine. However, after this stay at the Ziva that would be my preference.

At the Ziva, we were returning guests and I am a globalist. We stayed on points and when they reached out to me ahead of time I requested to go to the adults only tower since we were without the kids this trip, and they said they would see what they could do. When we arrived they immediately as we got out of the cab welcomed us back and recognized my status. With drink and cold towel in hand we were swooped off to the Turquoise tower, so my request came through. The butler we got this trip was amazing (on our last trip our butler was non-existent). We love the Ziva layout, it literally has the best spot on Cancun in our minds being right on the point there with the lighthouse and two sides to the resort. Had a great time participating in activities and enjoying the adults only pool and hydro suite. Make sure if you are there and in the adults only section, take advantage of the free spa time from 8am-2pm. It is heavenly and a great escape from the sun.

As a globalist they spoiled us with 2 free lobster upgrades and 2 upgraded steakhouse menu coupons. We turned the lobster coupons into surf and turf dinners (lamb for me, filet for the wife) at the French. Then we used the two coupons for a Tomahawk rib-eye at the steakhouse the next night. That steak was REALLY good, it was a serious upgrade. Loved the activities. Loved the new hammocks in the water, and the rock to try and climb in the ocean (not an easy climb at all). Had a good time doing the yoga and other activities. We never went hungry or thirsty. Will find excuses to go back there, it is really nice to indulge at a quality all inclusive.