FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here
Old Apr 13, 2018, 5:54 am
bigapple07

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Enjoy your trip bigapple.

And not to berate you... but I wanted to understand why you chose 9W for accruing your miles. From an earn/burn perspective if you're going to do international travel AI & 9W are the worst mileage partners one can pick. They're usually better for domestic travel.

Do you have a co-branded card for accelerated miles earning? Accrue miles on 9W because you need status?

I used to credit my miles blindly to AI and despite being a Maharaja could barely manage enough miles to fly out of the country. Once I started reading forums like FT and similar FFP blogs etc. about how people are doing suites redemption on SQ and EK suites while I could not fly beyond Dubai in Y, I realized I was doing it all wrong. Blame it on my ignorance.

Once again really not trying to criticize you... just want to understand your reasons. Others are welcome to contribute as well... - why would you chose AI/I9W for earning miles if you want to burn on international travel?
I agree, AI/9W do not offer the best value on miles redemption. I do have a co-branded card on which I accrue around 60-70k 9W miles annually. I had initially built up a large bank of JPMiles travelling for work within India so I felt it was better to build on that. I have been redeeming them mostly on domestic sectors out of BOM. This time around I needed to book this trip to London 3 weeks out and the cheapest direct flight to LHR was ~ 55k (BA) for my dates, so saving ~37k was my main motivation.

That said, is there a way to accrue miles on Delta form co-brand cards/points transfer in India?