FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do I have a bad ambassador?
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2018, 9:05 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by rocky
I've made three requests this year and all have been bungled.
  • I needed to add my wife to a reservation so she could get a visa. It was a critical request. Never executed.
  • I wanted to send my wife chocolates for her birthday that I'd previously had at the St. Regis Deer Valley. (Willing to pay for it.). No execution.
  • Wanted to book a room at St. Regis Princeville. There was only one room left at the hotel available for reward points. It was toward the end of her work day, but she was emailing and I responded immediately. If someone is leaving for the day and you know there is only one room, my expectation is that you pass the request on to someone who is on the clock. I ended up calling the call center and booking it so I didn't lose it.
So far 0/3.

In the distant past (~8 years ago), I worked with Abel Holguin, who was fantastic. (He moved into a different role, so he isn't an option.)

Is my experience atypical? As much as people complain about the AmEx Platinum Concierges, I've never had this kind of experience.
Yes, you have a bad ambassador, sadly you may also have a typical ambassador. You can try asking for a reassignment, but the odds of getting someone better is not great. Unfortunately, sites like FT tend to get the negatives more than the good. No one wants to hear I made 5 requests and each one was granted, rather they want to know all the trials and tribulations someone has good through. So I wouldn't use the anecdotal reports as being typical. Years ago a local TV station tried a 30-minute "Good News" program, it failed, ratings too low for the sponsors.