FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Hotel in Bangkok? (Consolidated thread, started 2016)
Old Apr 11, 2018, 6:59 pm
eldy

Nine nights in Bangkok

Before heading out to Soneva Kiri the Mrs. and I will be staying nine nights in Bangkok.

Currently, I'm considering the Peninsula, St. Regis, and Anantara Siam. Leaning more towards the Anantara Siam because of it's proximity to BRT and shopping centers but I do like the idea of being close to the river at the Peninsula even though the rooms look dated.

Can any of you seasoned BKK travelers give any input on the "street scene" near those properties? The Mrs. and I are adventurous eaters and would much like the convenience of being able to walk from the property to local street food vendors and restaurants.

The COMO Metropolitan and Sukhothai are also nice hotels that I was interested in but ruled out because it seems like they are far from rail stations and don't have lots of walkable stores and attractions. Am I wrong?

Would it also be advisable to split the stay into four or five night segments? My current thought on the matter is that no matter how nice the properties are, we'll end up liking one more than the other and have the "grass is always greener on the other side" syndrome. So right now I'm leaning on putting all the eggs in one basket and staying at a property for nine nights.

Thanks for the input gentlemen!