FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mid-Tier benefit: Lounge Pass
View Single Post
Old Apr 11, 2018, 6:14 pm
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by AJ747M
Previous answers are leaning towards only being able to access one lounge...can someone confirm whether you can only access one lounge within an airport? I.e. can I visit both The Pier & The Wing?
Haha mate, can you point me to those misleading answers?

No, you can definitely lounge hop. You actually don't need the invitation because the barcode of your BP links with CX's system saying you have lounge access once it has been activated for you, so as to why CX still spits out lounge invitations is a mystery to me given their obsession with cost cutting. They're not exactly elegant or anything...

Back to the topic. You'll be fine. But I still recommend getting a "re-entry" stamp on your BP. You can just ask at entrance, they may even do it proactively. It's either red or blue for F or J, I can't remember which is which. This will provide you with peace of mind. Re-entry stamp is a misleading term because it allowed you to "re-enter" all the lounges.

In case this answer is at all confusing, let me be clear: you are not stuck in the first lounge you enter.

Although I struggle to use my mid-tier lounge benefits like jagmeets , I have succeeded twice (tangent: out of 6 so far, two went to waste, two successfully burned, two more in my account...this benefit could really be improved if they'd just let you one-off add/remove people from the redemption group for the sole purpose of lounge redemption). One person I used it for is an infrequent flier and went to maximize the lounge experience as it's something he doesnt receive normally. He visited every CX lounge at the airport! And now this guy thinks CX is the world's most amazing airline now because of it, he was blown away by the lounges, so it's a great promotional thing for CX. Just so dumb how restrictive they (unintentionally) make it and how many of us can't use them, considering they could actually gain customers from it.