FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which card(s) to use for high spend or large purchases? [Consolidated]
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:35 am
EmailKid
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by stemme
I have a similar question; I own a business and I spend around $1m per year- mostly on United Mileage Plus and some on Amex Platinum. The vast majority is spend on business related stock- metal, electronics, etc. This means that I get around 1.5 million miles a year. I mainly use the miles for an annual trip to South Africa, and another to the Caribbean both with my family. I go First or Business, and I don't feel that spending miles on economy tickets is worth it. I like the MP card for the 1.5 miles per $, but I feel that availability on airlines other than Egyptair and Ethiopian seems to be getting scarcer, and I find myself getting more frustrated with United. Am I missing out on opportunities? Should I be diversifying, and if so, where?
Sadly, United has about the best reward opportunities among US3. Sadly, Alaska followed US3 a year or two ago and raised its prices for redemption on other airlines, but they have many attractive partners worldwide and IMHO are a very attractive option for redemption.

And do agree with you that given the amount of miles you generate traveling in coach is poor use of miles.