FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Safeway/Vons Master thread (2018 onwards)
Old Apr 11, 2018, 8:30 am
devastitis

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by jtav559
Do many of you have issues with clueless cashiers when picking up a handful of cards?

I have 3 stores I rotate through. 1 is like clockwork and has no issues when I put a grip of cards on the register along with my ritualistic diet coke. 2nd is 50/50 - either I get a cashier that just checks my ID against the card I am using to pay, or they just run it through without batting an eye. 3rd store, and the one closest to my house, always seems baffled at the idea of buying VGC with a CC. Last night, stopped in for a few items and figured I would grab some cards at the same time. Just 2 vari VGC. Cashier (who I have done this dance with at least 4 times) calls her super, super just has her check my ID and card, and then we stand there watching the screen wondering what will happen next. Well AMEX could care less and I am nowhere near my limit, so it goes through without any issue. And then they are dumbfounded about it all.

Anyone else have experiences where the cashiers are not trained on the policy and hold up the works?
every cashier at every store is its own YMMV experience.