FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consumer Protection in Singapore? (Hotel Related)
Old Apr 11, 2018, 6:05 am
NWplatinum

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Consumer Protection in Singapore? (Hotel Related)

I had a terrible experience at the Aerotel in Terminal 1 where the power went out at 3am just as I was falling asleep and completing a 30hr journey. Since the power went out, a back up generator initiated and put huge bright lights on in everyone’s room.

Needless to say I could not sleep, and was very mad. I said something at check-out but the employee sort of just laughed it off, and apologized. Then when I got home I wrote emails to Aerotel regarding compensation, and my emails were initially ignored. Then I got annoyed and sent about 15 emails in a row and finally got a response from their General Manager who told me they had to investigate. Mind you this was one month ago. I’ve continued following up with him, and they keep stonewalling me, and saying there is an investigating which I think is utter nonsense. At this point I would like to lodge a complaint with some kind of Singaporean consumer protection board.

Does anyone have any suggestions?