FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}
View Single Post
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:24 pm
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
Didn't notice any smoking in the hotel at all when I was there for a week a couple months ago. You mean the lounge / restaurant in the "middle" of the downstairs lobby, right off of where the elevators are? Where you walk by from the elevators and you can see all the buffet area?
I was replying to Kacee's post referencing breakfast in the restaurant at the Conrad Tokyo, not HKG.

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
I always took breakfast in the Garden Cafe ( Hong Kong Luxury Hotel - Garden Cafe - Conrad Hong Kong ) or the exec lounge. No smoke. I'm sensitive to that sort of thing, would have noticed for sure.
Yes, at the Conrad HKG it's never a problem except outdoors, where guests eat and smoke. Often when I'm trying to swim, I rotate, gulp in air, and immediately choke and cough.

Although, with a handle describing you as a "death merchant," one might assume a cigarette salesman but likely just an arms merchant. When I lived in D.C. I once had a "slug" who did that and loved her job ("I love my job!" she told me, "I'm a real people person, and I get to meet the most interesting people! And often they're in the front page!" )