FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What have I done? First ‘First’ on MH and on A350
Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:00 pm
msm2000uk
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by EK004 Regular
Well it didn't go very well.

My outbound was cancelled, they kept us there until well after midnight then cancelled it. We were then rebooked on the following days MH2, no options of other flights or operators. We were told that we couldn't get our bags bag - I protested and asked for them, most people went to the hotel but I went home. Despite being told we couldn't get our bags back I found the entire load of bags going around belt 2. Took my bag but everyone else had now gone to the hotel without their bags.

I drove home and called my colleagues in KL to rearrange meetings and hotel accommodation. All sorted on the drive home - turns out that KL hotels are a lot more flexible than our hotels. Turned up the next day, and found that a lot of people had been put on the earlier flight, which was very annoying. I got on the MH1D departing at 18:30.

I am not turning this in to a trio report, but the flight was not as expected. The seat was disappointing with the handset not working for the IFE. Randomly there is only one external camera setting, straight down, not offered a preflight drink. There were me and one other in F, but after take off the seats were filled by who knows, despite there being lots of space in J. Amenity kit and PJs passed out still in their plastic wrappers. It was just all very unpolished. Served food with no cutlery - wine service was slow and limited.

On the return I got in to the First Suite in the MH lounge. Two TVs in there but no remotes. Also there is no wine list or free poor - even for soft drinks, so I found myself having to walk around to say 'can I have a coke please' or 'can I have something to eat please'. On the whole the First suite was very very boring and dull.

Nevermind you live and learn.
Sounds like the current MH motto - "Promise plenty. Deliver little"

Sure, it's not the official motto, but it might as well be!

M