FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador Experiences 2018
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:48 am
Irons80

Programs: BA EC Gold, IHG Rewards Diamond Ambassador
InterContinental Paris - Le Grand

Spoiler alert... I really don't understand why people rave about this hotel...

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a Superior and got upgraded to a Junior Suite on the 2nd floor, overlooking the winter garden (basically looking out onto a giant conservatory roof)

How are the rooms?
Unimpressive - a joke to call it a suite... it's basically a slightly larger room with a sofa against one wall.

How is the exec. lounge?
Not included in my rate and was not offered to me.

What was good and what was bad?
Bad: The rooms are old and fusty and dated. Mine had broken furniture and an old TV. There was also rubbish on the floor when I checked in. I was not impressed at all and the refurb cannot come soon enough...
My ambassador gift was very odd - 2 bottles of juice (50% juice with added sugar) and a plate of 4 apples - delightful (not!)
Good: the staff are great and they returned a lost item to me FOC on a next day courier

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
€320 per night was only slightly more than the lovely Indigo next door, so I thought I'd try it out... Next time I will stick to what I know is good (the Indigo) and I would not return until I've seen the new rooms before I make the decision again