FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MHUpgrade option, anyone tried it?
View Single Post
Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:20 am
tuxedo66

Originally Posted by tuxedo66
Actually, it was the bank that asked if I wanted to dispute the whole or partial amount. I told them about the situation and they said it sounds like "Product not as described or product faulty" category, which is often used for mail order items. Yes, I did call the airline. Their call centre wasn't helpful at all.

Yes, agree that normally the airline's obligation is to get one from A to B in the class purchased. Eg. in the case of a leased aircraft with inferior seating, their obligation is fulfilled too. However, mine was a last-minute upgrade option purchased separately from the ticket. So, rightly or wrongly, I disputed the transaction as "Product not as described or product faulty".

It has been six weeks since I lodged the dispute and five weeks since the disputed amount was reversed. The airline has some time to defend the dispute but I'm not sure how much. Let's see how it goes.
It has been nearly four months since I lodged the dispute and over three months since the card company reimbursed me for the amount disputed (partial amount paid). I'm hopeful that it is the end of the matter.