FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:19 am
madfish

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by adamgilbride
Hi Lucanesque. The tier point run I booked (thanks to this forum and particularly the members I mentioned) was OTP-LHR-HEL-LHR-JFK-PHX-JFK-LHR-HEL-LHR-OTP, but since I'm based in London, I ditched the last leg. The initial LHR to OTP was a positioning flight on a separate booking.

I think the times work such that you could do OTP-LHR-HEL-LHR-JFK-LAX-PHX-LAX-JFK-LHR-HEL-LHR-OTP for two extra legs. You'd arrive into PHX ate 23:00 and leave again at 06:00. I haven't confirmed this, but it might be possible.
If doing the HEL legs then you cannot do the LAX sector as well. It's a case of one or the other. I understand that you can combine, so do HEL out and LAX back but not both on the same routing.

Although, strictly speaking, you may be able to do both, but this takes it outside of the permitted mileage and could significantly bump the fare up. If it was allowed (at a decent price!) then I can assure you that more people would be doing this option. You don't choose to do a TP run and go direct from JFK to PHX when you can go via LAX on the transcon.