FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Re-discovering SQ in J after 4 years: now as a lifetime *G & traveling solo! Advice?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:14 pm
AvidFlyer1990

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Perfect, Mlee888 Thanks much!!

Originally Posted by Mlee888

Some of the other *A airlines used to offer this years ago for reaching Gold status over x number of years.

Avidflyer, to answer some of your questions

1 - Bulkhead is probably the best choice there.

2 - A380 to JFK, row 11 has no window but toilet is in front of 11a so you may get some foot traffic past you. Go for 11k if you want this row. If you sit further back, row 96 is very private but it’s in front of where the crew do their errands so it can be quite noisy there if you want to sleep. I would still choose this over 11 or 91 although it does mean last off the plane. One more thing though, 96 is where most babies will be as it’s secluded area.<br />
Unfortunately, 11 through 14 are occupied (13,14 A&K are occupied and 11,12 blocked (any idea on how to get those blocked seats assigned?)). I thought of going for 91, but thought it might be too far behind on the plane. Heard mixed reviews for the 96, hence the 96th row question. Although I may not assign myself 96, I'll definitely try it out on one of my flights.

Originally Posted by Mlee888

3 - Sometimes they allow you to change your BTC option to in-flight but do bear in mind other pax will have priority on choices.

4 - Use the free SQ sight seeing bus tour then after head back to airport for shower. Or take a taxi to one of the sights in SG and chill around Marina Bay area.</div>
Thanks so much for the info, Mlee888! Any idea if the SKL J-class section has lockers for my carry-ons?

Last edited by AvidFlyer1990; Apr 10, 2018 at 5:52 am