FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earning Miles on Avianca by Aviateca
View Single Post
Old Apr 9, 2018, 10:12 pm
gaggia

Programs: DL Plat / QR Silver
Originally Posted by exerda
Unfortunately, Avianca's word is what counts here.

I was worried recently as CM changed one of my flights to "Operated by AeroRepublica Colombia" that it wouldn't credit, and that MP would magically allocate a lot of the PQDs to that flight... but it posted just like a regular CM flight.

But last year, had an A3 flight which they changed after booking to "Operated by Olympic Air" not post (and it was even on A3 metal with A3 stuff everywhere onboard), nor offer any *A benefits (boarding, bags, etc.). So it balanced out, I suppose.
Do you think there's any way to convince Avianca to credit these miles to me at this point? Aviateca is not even a low-cost carrier; it's simply a relic of the corporate restructuring that occurred during the mergers of the past years. Beyond that, there is simply no difference to mainline Avianca: the website is the same, the planes are the same, and the soft product is the same.

For that matter, I was able to reserve an MP award ticket with Aviateca legs, despite the fact that UA's website lacks any mention of Aviateca as a partner with whom you can spend miles.