FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What are things you do when you travel that you are surprised others do not do?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 3:14 pm
adunker

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mikew99
I'm surprised that so many people don't print out their boarding passes on paper. (At least, this is my assumption based on how many people scan their phone to board.)

I always go to great lengths to check in for my flight in advance and have a paper boarding pass to show. Among other things, this avoids having to maneuver an app on an expensive, battery-powered device with carry-on bags in tow. And unlike my phone, if I drop it, ruin it, or lose it, it's no big deal.

FWIW, I also print out my hotel and transportation confirmations for my entire trip, but I consider my boarding pass to be far more important to print out than any of those.
Absolute opposite. Everything is on the phone. More convenient, everything in one place and it's always in my pocket. Theoretically, if I were to lose the phone or the battery die it's super easy to get a new BP, but those two things are pretty much never an issue for me.

Also for others who talked about early arrival. That's gonna be a no for me dawg, unless it's international travel.

Last edited by adunker; Apr 9, 2018 at 4:02 pm