FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Leaked New Combined Marriott / SPG Status Tiers
Old Apr 9, 2018, 1:56 pm
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Whats interesting to me as a LT Gold & if B/F is limited to Plat and above...

MR Lifetime Gold was based on a 50 night qualification

So current LTG's have all qualified on this 50 night limit
Yes it includes the gimmicks like roll over nights, CC nights etc but none the less that applied to the current Plat level as well.

So as a LTG I do feel a bit shortchanged "IF" that is the current free BF threshold. OTOH, I don't need that many more points for LTP either. So once I get there, I don't mind throwing the rest of the LTG's under the bus
This is my exact interest. If current LT Gold doesn't get whatever the base lounge/breakfast level is - essentially the first "real" elite tier, since we all know that every program's version of Silver is a joke - then Marriott's "lifetime" promise to us was broken.

I don't care if they call it Platinum or Gold or something stupid like Hyatt does. But if I don't go into the merged program with the base benefits I have today as an LT member, that's going to be severely disappointing.

The five-tier thing also foreshadows some new credit card offerings. This gives Marriott the opportunity to attach some meaningful statuses to multiple levels of credit cards, yet also keeps one real butt-in-beds level above what the CC holders can get on Day 1 with their cards.

If elite benefits are expanding to all resorts, then that is indeed a genuine positive enhancement.