FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beer Festival Tasting Strategies
View Single Post
Old Apr 9, 2018, 10:57 am
BamaVol
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by exerda
So this one is all- you- can- drink? If so, yeah, taste and dump unless it's a favorite.
Yes, basic admission was $30, and I bought tickets on Black Friday for $21 each. You try all the beers you like for that price. For $21, my goal is to taste as many unfamiliar beers as I can. My palate will be weary long before I've exhausted that list though since I am from Florida and many of the featured breweries don't distribute too far beyond Iowa/the Midwest. I will be spitting and washing my mouth with water, hoping to achieve 30 or so and really appreciate them. Out of 150 beers offered, I may have tried 20 and don't have any interest in another 30. I will be choosing from the 100, looking for certain styles. I will have a big lunch pre-fest and don't expect to get beyond the slightly tipsy stage. If I do, I have a hotel room just around the corner.

You are given an official 3 ounce plastic glass and cheap backpack as you are admitted. Maybe I'll pack a large cup to spit more efficiently and pour it out every time I pass a bucket. I'll also be looking for any logo swag available. 3 years ago, that was mostly cozies, stickers, coasters and bottle openers.