FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which rental cars come with "advanced" driving features by default?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 10:43 am
Schweden

Apart from the Toyota Corolla, Rav4, and 2018 Camry, I don't think there are really any common non-premium cars that have many safety features.

Usually the best bet for a premium car are Volvos. I've had adaptive cruise in the S60/S60 Cross Country, V60, and S90 rentals from Hertz. The S90 T6 Inscription even had the Tesla-like pilot assist feature as well as a very advanced 360 degree parking camera. I think the only other common car I've rented in Canada or the US with adaptive cruise was the Ford Taurus Limited.

Apart from that, Cadillacs I've gotten such as the CTS or XT5 usually come with blind spot monitoring, lane departure, and forward collision warning, but no adaptive cruise. Quite a few rental cars can come with blind spot monitoring such as the 300S, Stelvio, Durango, Grand Cherokee, Yukon, Fusion, etc.

The last few LXXX rental cars I've gotten in Europe have all come with adaptive cruise control but strangely no backup cameras.