FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Reward Club at Kimpton Hotels Experiences (2018)
Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:44 am
FlyinHawaiian
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Kimpton Hotel Palomar Phoenix

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Phoenix

What is your Priority Club status?
Spire Inner Circle

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? King Corner Suite. There are only two higher suites available and neither were offered.

How are the rooms? Very fresh and spacious. Comfortable bed. Huge bathroom with soaking tub in the shower room. Some street noise from the outside area but not bad.

[If you are Spire]
How was your complimentary welcome amenity? Two bottles of Fever Tree Club Soda, two bottles of Aqua Panna water, and a sampler of chocolates from local vendor Cerreta Fine Chocolates.

Did you raid the minibar? If so, what did you take? Yes - Righteous Felon Beef Jerky ($10)

Were you offered a Chef's Taste at Dinner, If so, what did you receive? n/a - we did't eat on property.

Did you use the free spa credit / did the hotel participate? If so, was it a good value? No.

What was good and what was bad?

Good - Friendly staff, new property. Walking distance to sporting events, lots of food options within walking distance, large underground parking lot with self-parking (reasonable at $20 per day).

Bad - Area can be pretty dead on weekends when there aren't any events going on. When there are, traffic and parking may be a challenge (the Phoenix Suns basketball team had their final home game against Golden State one night and we got back just before the game ended. We noted a lot of street/lane closures and vehicle and pedestrian traffic from our room.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? I booked during a promotional period when suites were on sale and also took advantage of a $60 credit from Amex for staying at a Kimpton so this was a very good deal, IMO. I'd stay here again.