FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Our 1st First was not that great.
View Single Post
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:46 am
all ahead full

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ibmman69
Your experience with BA in F is not reflective of my experiences. A quick search online shows your flight was a MF crew. I've never flow with a MF crew, but that is not an excuse for poor service.

RE: your exact experience I say two things:

1. If you didn't want to dine right then you could've said you would prefer to dine at X time. I don't think her question implied that you had to eat immediately. Also, if the flight is a night departure it's not unreasonable to assume you'd want to eat, and then go to sleep.

2. If you wanted a different entree then you could've asked. You are the customer. I certainly would've called her over after I determined the food wasn't up to par, and asked for another entree. Same with the missing grapes and chutney. Should she have volunteered? Yes, but ultimately it's your responsibility to speak up for yourself.

I had a very similar experience on a trans-con United flight over Christmas. I had an older guy I think may have been on his first fly-fly trip ever (he couldn't remember whether we were headed to LAX or SFO), and a young girl more interested in flirting with the pilot and co-pilot than serving customers. What did I do? I just went up to the galley when I wanted something. Should I have to do that? No, but you have to take responsibility if you aren't happy, and ask for what you want.
Sorry to Hijack the thread, but how do you tell if the flight you are on, has a Mixed Fleet crew, I am going out to DXB later this month in CW....

Many thanks,