FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Tower Buenos Aires problem
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2018, 9:52 pm
AZ26

Park Tower Buenos Aires problem

I am having an annoying problem with Park Tower hotel in Buenos Aires and I am wondering if people can tell me if I am being unreasonable.

​​Originally I was booked in the Sheraton for 170ish per night. They offered to upgrade me to Park Tower for 260 per night. This is within my company's per diem so I am ok with that.

To get reimbursed by my employer I need an itemized bill that shows each night I have stayed here and the rate per night. The problem is that they put the price per night on two lines. One says 'Room Charge' and is the price of my rate at the Sheraton. The other says 'upselling' and is the difference between what I would have paid at the Sheraton and the 260 rate at Park Tower. I guess they are doing this because this is some sort of custom rate the y created for me by adding charges onto the Sheraton rate or something.

I have asked the hotel to just put the room charge that I am paying (260) as the room charge itemized for each night without any of this upselling language. My company is refusing to reimburse me for any line that says 'upselling ' or anything similar. But the hotel says this is impossible becsuse the 'system' won't let them do this. Is this really so unreasonable to ask? It is the actual charge I am paying per night so I do not see what the problem is. Any thoughts on what I should do?