FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 7, 2018, 5:11 pm
MarkOK

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Very Nice. We stayed here 1-2 weeks before you.
1. We got the standard boring 2 room suite we reserved and paid for (not with a TSU, but with cash). It was booked because we really wanted the space and wasn't going to risk it (however, we reserved it at a competitive price months ago). Like I've mentioned before, I think whenever you stay for a stretch beyond about 2 days, there is really no good chances of getting an upgrade even with globalist status. The place was booked out our first three nights. We did get a suite on a high floor facing the mountains on one side and stanley park the other side though. The only complaint is that the 'bedroom' part of our suite wasn't available until about 6 PM, and we really could have used the space earlier that day (wife wanted to nap, daughter wanted to watch tv, like I said, we got a suite because we want space). I thought this was a bit of a breach of great customer service considering this was 2 hours after check in time.
2. They did automatically give late check-out, but we couldn't use it because of an early flight. Still, nice when that is just done.
3. No welcome amenity for us or anything, or vouchers for breakfast at mosaic (not sure how you got those?!). Maybe I am not important enough or maybe these things just goes with the luxury suite. The club lounge was decent though. Most hot breakfast dishes were good (We were there to have it rotate through once over, though, I am not a huge fan of the chicken hash) and the rest of the layout was done well. We didn't quite get tired of it even after 7 days. The evening hors doerves were nice enough we ended up eating so much that we never went out for dinner (though, of course, we hit some great places out and about for lunch). I've seen better lounges, but I wasn't disappointed in any way.
4. The honor bar was fine, though of course, complimentary would have been better. I thought the 5 loonies for the wine was a good enough value though given my generous pouring. Similar to any price we would get buying our own wine at a liquor store.
5. The customer service was good. Everyone ready and eager to help. The club staff was very attentive to details and ready to help with anything, but perhaps a little too chatty a couple times (meaning well, but I usually don't want to chat quite that much). The only two customer services complaints was the abnormally late availability of part of the suite the first day, and the fact the valet and other staff at the door next to the taxis never opened a door for anyone, even if you were struggling to get through with luggage.

In summary, We had a good stay, but on the whole, still more or less feel like we just got what we paid for and got the standard 'benefits' that are explicitly stated in the ToCs -- but there wasn't anything 'extra' special about the hotel.