FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Attitude/presumption from ground staff about travel class (check-in; lounges)
Old Apr 7, 2018, 4:16 pm
rockflyertalk

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by ShuttleRunner
I do actually get this a lot - from staff not so much these days because they know me, but from other busybody passengers thinking they can queue jump me and actually have the audacity to tell me I’m in the wrong queue.

I don’t use bag tags, am a woman, 25, and travel alone most of the time. I am also GfL, and travel in F/J every week. I don’t fly as much now on OW so am not GGL anymore (don’t see a difference really), but for me this issue has manifested itself in the cabin greetings - the amount of times I’ve been walked by, ignored (when crew are fawning over the old men) - it’s not like I’m longing for a welcome, but it is not nice being passed over. I just don’t think crew know how to interact with young adults sometimes.
Well you are certainly extremely lucky and probably part of the .001% of the worlds population with this bolding, therefore I can understand why you might be ignored or walked by, not that it makes that right but at 25, being GFL and weekly premium travel, I am pretty damn sure it’s not the norm. So the majority of people think you’re just another average twenty-something. Little do they know. Books/covers and all

I wouldn’t moan about it, you’re doing better than most clearly. Hopefully you’re a happy soul too