FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WARNING - Hotel Ocean, Miami Beach, FL
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2018, 9:12 am
EVA777

Originally Posted by ItsAnAdventure
If this were any other chain, I’d be shocked.

But since this is Choice,, I’m not surprised. I remember the one thread about the poster who booked into a property that was completely closed, and nobody could relocate them.

Have you tried reaching out to someone at Choice HQ? Not sure if they still monitor their Flyertalk or not.

I wish some blog would pick this up and give them the bad PR that they deserve.

Typical choice; sadly. I am not surprised that Guest Relations was worthless. Every time I’ve called them I’ve gotten an unhelpful foreign call center. Diamond status seemed worthless in this case.

Not to sound like a troll - but Wyndham has a great Diamond Desk that answers quickly, seems to genuinely appreciate our loyalty (not just reading off a script) and is empowered to solve problems. That’s where I’ve shifted most of my budget stays to.
I do not feel like your Wyndham comment is trolling. I have not had a need to contact them for anything but it's good to know they are supportive. I look forward to the LaQuinta / Wyndham combination. I have given LaQuinta several stays since this incident and have been very satisfied with the properties. They matched me to Elite within a day.