FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hapuna Beach Resort, Waimea, Hawaii [to become a Westin Spring 2018 after renovation]
Old Apr 6, 2018, 6:56 pm
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Bad news.

There will be no club lounge. My contact called me and apologized. Apparently, the management has now decided the lounge will only be for guests who own a residence. The hotel must have timeshare units on-property.

Here was her explanation:

I did double check with the powers that be regarding the Club Lounge and how that will play a role at our resort when we officially switch to a Westin property. I misunderstood the scope of our offerings. I apologize for providing you with incorrect assumptions on this matter. We will not have a ClubLounge as other Westin Hotels have. Because we are a franchised Westin “Resort” (not a Westin “Hotel”) it was not a mandatory requirement during our renovation period. At this time, It will be a Lounge for the Homeowners of the Hapuna Residence – Not SPG/Marriott Members.