FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Instant Mlife Gold Status
View Single Post
Old Apr 6, 2018, 1:02 pm
bgriff

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by djl002
but you really won't see any better offers or comps until your play can be determined
There is one exception to this, there are "Mlife tier offers" on Mlife.com for hotel rates at the Vegas properties which appear to be given to everyone in a particular tier, regardless of play history. The hotel rates aren't anywhere near as good as someone who'd actually earned gold status would likely get, but if you're going to Vegas anyway, they're worth taking advantage of as they're generally cheaper than public rates by 15-20%ish in my experience.

I've also taken advantage of the tier rates occasionally when booking an upgraded room category, even if I had a better offer based on my play history, because for moderate gamblers at least the personal offers typically are only available for standard rooms at the nicer Mlife properties. So if you wanted to book a suite at the Aria for example, your personalized standard offer might give you a comped standard room at Aria but not let you book a suite at all, but you can still get the 15-20% discount using the Mlife tier rate.

You can also book one room on your personalized rate and then add a second room (and I think even a third, fourth, etc. room if you wanted) on the tier rate, which can allow for some good deals if you're traveling with a group.