FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PHX mini DO Aug 2018
View Single Post
Old Apr 6, 2018, 9:31 am
Misco60

Programs: BAEC Gold
I arrived at OTP this afternoon on the last leg of my OTP-PHX run. Passport control was very busy and ridiculously chaotic - I was first off the plane and first to passport control but the lines were already stretching almost back to the escalator. I joined what looked like it might be the quickest line, and by the time I was halfway to the booth the entire area was a single seething mass of people with more still arriving up the escalator and stairs. I was through in 10-15 minutes; those at the back of the plane were probably facing 45 minutes or more. It was far from clear how - or whether - you could bypass this for a B2B.

So, that's my OTP-PHX TP run done, other than the positioning flight back to LHR tomorrow, and I can't say I'm sorry it's over. Despite doing no back-to-backs, allowing myself overnights at OTP and HEL in each direction and three days' rest in Palm Springs in the middle, it has been exhausting. Even in Club, flying is misery. Thankfully, with Gold now achieved until the end of March 2020, I won't have to do another insane trip like this for almost two years.

Last edited by Misco60; Apr 6, 2018 at 9:37 am