FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
Old Apr 5, 2018, 4:37 pm
physioprof

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
A month ago, my wife and I arrived at the ORD Polaris Lounge at about 8:45 AM for a flight to Asia. We found a good location with two seats together. As I usually do, I went to the buffet area to get some smoked salmon, potatoes and croissants. Then, I went to the bar to ask for two glasses of Veuve Clicquot. A few minutes later, a couple arrives and the wife decides that they should sit near us in two opposing cubicles so they can see and talk to each other. Once seated, the wife starts making the international gesture for drinking. Husband ignores her, so she does more frantic gestures. Then, she points repeatedly to her watch. Husband ignores her, so she points more frantically to her watch. Then, she thought her husband was not paying enough attention to her so she loudly said: "It's only 9 AM!". Husband wasn't looking too happy, so maybe he wished he could also get a glass of Veuve Clicquot or a beer like other passengers. Then, for the next hour, the wife was talking loudly to her husband. I don't know but, if you want to chat, it's better to get seats together. And there were plenty of those available at that time.
Getting off topic, but years ago my wife and I walked into the Old Town Bar (on East 18th Street, NYC) around 2PM to get something to eat, and sat down at the bar among a pretty solid crowd. I think she was trying to be quiet, but it came out very loud: "WHO DRINKS AT TWO IN THE AFTERNOON!?!?!?" She got some looks! We still laugh about it to this day.