FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So many CRJ-200s
View Single Post
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:34 pm
Joshua

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
Originally Posted by Halo117
3 reasons.
1. The 145 has wider seats
2. The 145 seats are not slimlined hence more cushion (there was a time the 145 was the park bench of the fleet....my oh my how it only got worse)
3. The lateral heat of pax bodies is less on the 145. You have a shorter distance for any pax to be exposed to the wall/outside temp.
ERJ-145s also have a lower floor, since they didn't have to raise the floor so high to try to get 4 across in such a narrow aircraft. The CRJ200's higher floor means the overhead bins are really small.

I can fit my tiny rollaboard (Briggs & Riley Baseline Rolling Cabin Bag) in an ERJ-145 overhead, but on a CRJ200, it has to go under the seat in front of me. 2-2 seating also means the overheads are a lot more crowded. 2-1 means there is usually space right at my row.

The 145 has real extra-legroom seats, both row 18 and the bulkhead seats. The CRJ200 does not. United sells the bulkhead seats as Economy Plus, but (a) there is no underseat storage there and (b) there is very little extra legroom anyway.