FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 144 TWOV China- AA Issues/Questions
View Single Post
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:21 am
Stockjock

Originally Posted by JDiver
Though I’m not an advocate of purchasing tickets one will not use for most reasons, I’d say this might be a case to have a fully refundable, cancelable and obviously TWOV qualifying air ticket departing PVG under 144 hours after your arrival - and cancelling it prior to boarding your cruise ship. Ship’s personnel will likely handle the China departure formalities with migration staff.
Why would my current itinerary of USA-Shanghai-Japan (cruise) and Japan (cruise)-Shanghai-USA not be obvious? Seems apparent that Shanghai is the transit point for the onward trip to Japan via vessel. Unless I'm missing something. How dare she injure her ankle (it was obvious) and request a pre-board without a Doctor's note, which they rudely insisted upon?!

Still, I've dealt with AA before and they are not always so reasonable or logical. My ex-GF injured her ankle (2x normal size) and not only did AA refuse her per-boarding, but they did a retaliatory gate check of her nice carry-on bag, with the counter woman running over to insist that it be checked, even when it clearly fit in the sizer.

Last edited by Stockjock; Apr 5, 2018 at 11:27 am