FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need advice on which *A FF scheme to join? - please post here
Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:40 am
Mr_Bigglesworth

Programs: BA, PC, HH
Hello,

Looking for some advice here.

I have a Business (J) class flight LHR-SIN coming up over the next week and wondering what scheme to use. I used to have BMI, but ....

In terms of more information:
- UK based, London airports.
- Usually use BA & have avois, but no status at the moment (have had gold a couple of years over the past decade)
- travel that accumulates miles most likely to be late booked business class, and very random as to level - e.g. last work flights were to SIN three years ago, but that was 2x first returns. Almost had another fight to Asia last year, but didn't end up happening. Leisure travel tends to be Europe low cost at the moment.
- As star alliance likely to be infrequently used, long mileage expiry dates helpful/can actually redeem reasonably.

A quick search around has popped up Asiana - 10 year expiry and the return would get me to their gold level for two years (which doesn't seem to do much) - but Star Alliance has changed much since I last had membership so I'm very open to suggestions..

Thanks in advance!