FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2 Laptop (work & personal) Setup
View Single Post
Old Apr 4, 2018, 4:13 pm
nkedel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by TonyPlush
It seems that finding a bag designed for two laptops is difficult. I’m brainstorming here, but maybe I could put one laptop into a neoprene sleeve next to the other. Then I would just need a bag capable of holding two chargers and the rest of my list, and not necessarily two specific laptop pockets.
I've never had any problem just putting two laptops in the same pocket except when I had an absolutely massive one for work, and my most recent bag -- the Everki Atlas (eBags may have better images) -- was large enough that the "tablet pocket" opposite the laptop fit a slim-line 15" personal laptop, and would fit all but the fattest 13" or 14" models easily in the tablet pocket.

Two in one pocket probably won't be OK for the TSA in the checkpoint-friendly split bag sense, but it's worked fine with pre-check, and I've never had any damage to either a personal or work one.

The one issue for the Atlas is that a 14" + a 13" are going to be relatively small for a bag that big (and it's kind of large for checkpoint friendly), but they do make some smaller models, and a bag for 14" models might well still fit a 13" in the tablet pocket -- looking at the Suite and the Versa, I think it's quite likely that a smaller 13" laptop would fit. The smallest one, the Studio might even work.

Originally Posted by chx1975
Everki Atlas? http://the-gadgeteer.com/wp-content/...i-atlas_22.jpg this is the laptop compartment, easily eats two laptops IMO as the tablet sleeve is also full width and the main laptop pocket accepts up to a 17" laptop. Opens flat for the TSA. The main compartment will eat a novel or two. This review shows a Playstation there Everki Atlas Laptop Backpack Review - YouTube
I (heart) mine. It's a pretty big beast of a bag, though -- I've managed to jam in 5 days of casual clothes in there -- the Versa or Suite probably would work for him and be a bit less bulky. Then again, it's my day to day home-to-work bag as well as for travel, and it's not all THAT bulky.

Had been curious about going up to the Titan as a purely travel bag, but got an ebags weekender convertible instead; kind of a mistake -- it's hugely capacious but it doesn't have particularly comfortable straps for a long walk. The straps on the Atlas fit me very well and can carry a LOT more weight comfortably for an extended time.

Originally Posted by gobluetwo
My Everki Versa Premium backpack has separate laptop and tablet compartments. The tablet compartment can actually fit my 14" HP EliteBook, so shouldn't be an issue to have 14" and 13" laptops in there.
I'd suspected that would be the case for their smaller bags; thanks for confirming.

Last edited by nkedel; Apr 4, 2018 at 4:19 pm