FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel agent recommendation for booking ITA Matrix fares
Old Apr 4, 2018, 4:24 am
cgtechuk

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by scubadu
If calling BA, are they able to get to the granularity of booking very specific fare codes/code shares for each segment, etc?

I too am beginning to find ITA frustrating. It's great fun for planning and "what if" scenarios and of course it is very powerful, but I consistently find fares I'm not able to book in reality and sometimes feel like I'm constantly chasing ghosts...

Regards

A lot of the issues people experience can be down to Point of Sale, ITA defaults to the departure country to get Point of Sale, I have seen it in the past where I have had to go to the Norwegian version of Monomdo or expedia to pull back certain fares exOSL for example, Even some AA fares I can only get on the USA site and not the EU / UK one worth checking that too. Usually if you change the Point of sale to London on Matrix and the fare no longer shows that is a good indicator of the above,