FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PHX mini DO Aug 2018
View Single Post
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:56 pm
madfish

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
I’m sure most of us will venture into the lounge at PHX following the Do. The following ramblings are coming at you from the Admirals Club by gate B4.

There are three Admirals Club lounges available at PHX as well as the Club at PHX. I have been to all three AC lounges but didn’t venture over to the Club.

Admirals Club by gate B4. As you come up from the main connecting walkway between the terminals, the AC is located on the left. You need to take the lift or stairs. This is the largest of the three lounges although by no means huge. Usual AA fayre is available, which is the same across all three of the lounges. The decor appears more modern and there is a good view across the apron towards the higher B gates as the lounge is on the opposite side of the terminal to where the stairs/lift I are. If time permits I would come here, but it is a walk from here to some of the gates, especially if you have gate A30 like I have today.

Admirals Club by gate A4. Same food and drinks as the other lounges and decor is reasonable. There is a pleasant enough bar with seating. Smaller than the lounge located nearer the B gates but hopefully not too busy when you visit as sitting is limited. Again, coming here is an option if you have more time. Once again this lounge is upstairs.

Admirals Club by gate A19. Personally, I would not come here unless time is tight. It is smaller and older than the other lounges. Seating is limited. There is a view over the apron, although you are slightly lower than the other lounges as the lounge is located on the same level as the terminal
building. Unless you want a free drink you may be better just hanging around the gate.

As I was connecting I did not do security. This is located near the two branches for the A gates, assuming you check
in and enter the terminal building at this point.

In summary, I wouldn’t give yourself too long for the lounge at PHX. If you do have time then B4 is the better option, but be aware that the lounges all offer different opening times.

Timings. Took me just over seven minutes of brisk walking and using walkways to get from my seat in the B4 lounge all the way to gate A30. I would suggest ten minutes is doable, and about 3 minutes less from A4 lounge to A30. There is security at the bottom of the B gates as well as along the walkway between A gates.

Last edited by madfish; Apr 3, 2018 at 2:25 pm