FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador Experiences 2018
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:46 pm
vh_bu98

InterContinental Washington D.C. - The Wharf

InterContinental Washington D.C. - The Wharf

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked the King Deluxe, got upgraded to the Executive Suite Interior view. Chose to downgrade to the King Premier Riverview to have a balcony seeing the river.

How are the rooms?

New and modern. The room was was spacious at 340 sq ft.

How is the exec. lounge?

No lounge onsite.

What was good and what was bad?

The room was new, but had some issues like no power from one of the outlets and a shower knob popping out. They comped my restaurant bill to make up for it. They forgot my Ambassador gift, which was just chocolates. The Wharf area is only 15 minutes walk from the Tidal Basin which is great if you're there for cherry blossom season. AT&T cellular service is poor. Wi-Fi was okay, but I would lose connection when I stepped onto the balcony on the 10th floor. Only hotel with balconies on the Wharf currently, which is good because I like having fresh air. It does occasionally get noisy from the helicopters flying low over the river and the planes from DCA.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

$180 USD per night was a good deal this time. Not as good as $130 in December. 60,000 points per night is only a good value when the price goes above $250. Yes I would return.