FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East [Master Thread]
Old Apr 2, 2018, 7:10 pm
LPCJr

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Stayed here Saturday, one night stay on points. Booked the 2 queen plus sofa room as I had my wife and 3 kids with me. This type of room layout is almost impossible to get in NYC on pointe so I do like this property for this reason. Location is also very good, Lexington Ave subway line is right outside.

We we arrived early, before noon, and I understood when I was told no room available. They do have a bell so no problem leaving luggage. I was assured I would still get a room ready alert but never did. We returned from sightseeing at 5:30 and room was ready. No platinum acknowledgement whatsoever. Got the room ready alert after checking in...

Rooms are large by NYC standards...with 2 beds and a sofa bed room does not feel crowded. Room in relatively good condition, window shades were on a pull chain and had some damage but still functional. Room was fairly quiet by NYC standards. We called for extra bath towels before heading to dinner, they never came, we had to call again after returning. However, housekeeping did come and make up sofa bed while we were out, without us requesting.

overall, this is not a particularly memorable property as it is a CY. But location is great, rooms are large for NYC, and staff was friendly. The minor issues I experienced wouldn’t stop me from returning (actually stayed here last year once as well, never got around to reviewing it).