FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Always stuck in the Verified by Visa when purchase ticket....Any solution??
Old Apr 1, 2018, 3:10 pm
Diplomatico

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by ycc777
I don't know if anyone has experienced this problem. I tried to make purchases with a few foreign airlines, trains in the past, but all my chase cards got denied, while other non-chase cards worked, even if it's also Visa brand. I tried to resolve the problem with Chase, the CS said they didn't see the transactions and then transferred me to the verified by visa department. The CS at verified by visa department could see it but the purchases still got denied with their authroization. They said it's the merchant's problem but the merchant said it's Chase since other Bank's Visa card works. I requested to have Chase talk to the middle-man, Visa, to resolve the problem but the Chase CS said there's no mean for him to do so or report a problem to his supervisor since he's sort of the supervisor already. Does anyone have any experience and was able to resolve this problem or do I just have to always bring a non-chase card with me when I travel?
I have this problem 100% of the time. Your choice is to either:

(a) call in every time (when your card is declined you should be sent to a screen that gives you a 1-800 number to call - once you do that and identify yourself, the rep will tell you to hit the "continue" button on the screen and the charge will be processed) (see post #36 above);

or

(b) use another card.

AMEX gets more of my business than they should thanks to this un-customer-friendly method of doing business.