FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New RA qualifying criteria based on IC Revenue
Old Mar 31, 2018, 10:33 am
Atacama40

Originally Posted by #1son
I like to think once you have attained RA, there is no need to have any relationship with management, they are there to serve us, supposedly their best customers = RAs

shoven has a good point, I really do not want to spend any time cultivating a relationship with any managers, I have better or more important things to do
Is a point, it takes a little time but in my experience the RA rules are irrelevant if you can spend a little time .... they will and do look after you....certainly in most ME and FE areas .... maybe with the exception BKK and HKG who are a little more rules based and just polite.

But SIN, KL, all Vietnam IC's and all China area IC's are first class. They appreciate the discussion and look after way and beyond the base rules. Also Euro area ones in the main. US ones I have less luck with to date.

And in fairness it can swing the other way were senior managers are asked to engage with you almost none stop .... that can be a little hard work and time consuming when you trying to have breakfast and holding court :-) ... but that is not so often.

But a little human engagement has got me amazing results over the last couple of decades.