FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays Arrival “Premier” (DOA RIP)
View Single Post
Old Mar 31, 2018, 9:17 am
rgAAFT

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by jediwho
That's possible. Also, by not giving signup bonus, they are reducing the upfront marketing cost required to get people, and that way they can give out a higher ongoing rewards still achieving the same or even a higher ROE. Still I think that without a signup bonus, they would need at least one or two very strong/exclusive partners like Lufthansa, JAL, AA, etc. and a 1 to 1 transfer ratio. And why block product change or people who already have Arrival when there is no signup bonus?

im of the same opinion pretty much
this is really sounding like Barclays is the US issuer that’s really putting the Canadian Amex cobalt Card concept to the
test

i highly doubt it will work though especially with no signup bonus and or potentially restrictive conversation rules

they are possibly trying to imitate chase sapphire reserve but are going to fail miserably in my opinion if they don’t do something innovative aside from that “spend bonus “ with that $150 annual fee to boot

honestly I strongly suggest Barclays just stick to the Uber card ...(maybe allowing Arrival Plus or premier points/ miles to combine with Uber same as chase Freedom and CSR combo)

Or else just
Continuing to allow, or relaxing the rule against churning AA cards and just own up to it as their differentiator.... otherwise they are already DOA especially for the premium market and big spenders thus essentially their target market.... (Not to mention FTers). Simple as that......

Last edited by rgAAFT; Mar 31, 2018 at 11:17 am