FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Group Boarding 2018 - first hand experiences
Old Mar 31, 2018, 6:25 am
Cotumely

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by TangoIndiaMike
For what it's worth,

Being Edinburgh based and frequenting LHR with transit connections means enduring the boarding process at least twice on any given journey. I have experienced group boarding at , Edi, Lhr, Ath and all went smoothly. Experienced Ath late January and again this afternoon. The gate area there permits clear lines for Groups 1&2 / 3-5 with barriers along the length of the line of sufficient length for the usual number who wish to hover near the gate rather than remain seated.
T 5 A on the other hand lacks the space for such organisation and is generally chaotic by comparison. That said I do believe it works better simply by having group numbers. Previously gate announcements listing the range of qualifiers to board by ticket type or BA status or One World status or any other seemed beyond the attention span of many. How oftentimes have you overheard " What was that? Was that us? Dunno, let's just go up anyway"...

Like I said Fwiw.
T5 yesterday to ABZ, lines clearly staked out as 1, 2/3, 4/5. People being bribed to put their luggage in the hold
with a promise of being the first to board, then group 1 called. Completely different to LGW earlier this month when groups 1/2 called,
but nobody checking the tickets, so anyone could have boarded with these groups.