FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free
Old Mar 31, 2018, 5:52 am
cyru5

Originally Posted by GWZM2804
Newbie question. Only recently discovered this forum. I am very interested in travelling to Australia next year and have been trawling through the QR sales options from ARN and others with very good prices. My question is when these sales crop up can you open jaw or is it out and back from the same Australian airport. In an ideal world my itinerary would be Europe (somewhere) - DOH - PER - internal Oz flights on QF - SYD - DOH - Europe. This way seems to generate plenty of Tier points and I can break the journey with a hotel (at my expense) in DOH both ways. Trip in business class. Is there a better way of doing it? Appreciate your answers from board experts.
Just use the "Multi-Stop" flight search. If there is a sale for both cities, they just sum up the route prices.

For example in my case (prices are for 2 pax):
There was an ARN/OSL-CBR sale at the end of december (after the sale to AKL/SYD/PER in november). Most dates had 15.000 SEK for one route to CBR (so 30.000 SEK return).
On some dates there were some prices for route to SYD left at 20.000 SEK (one route).

So we booked with multi-stop search the routes:
ARN-DOH-CBR for 15.000 SEK
SYD-DOH-ARN for 20.000 SEK
which is 35.000 SEK in total.

If there are no promotion fares left for PER then you have to pay the full price of course.
What you can do is: do a normal search for first route (ARN-DOH-CBR) and look on which dates are the cheapest prices.
Then do the same search for second route (PER-DOH-ARN) and also look for the dates with promo fares left.
Then use Multi-search and combine both routes and dates. If it fits to your travel time, you will get the best rates.